The Tom Kingsbery Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Coleman County Telephone Cooperative in 1999 in memory of Tom Kingsbery, who served on the Cooperative board of directors for over 35 years. It was the desire of Mr. Kingsbery’s family to provide some financial assistance for college students from the area served by CTCC.
The Cooperative sets aside money each year for this Scholarship Fund, which is awarded to 2nd-year or 3rd-year college students from the Cooperative's service area.
CCTC announces the recipients of The Tom Kingsbery Memorial Scholarship at its annual meeting each August.
The Cooperative will award three scholarships of $1,000 each. These scholarships will be awarded to three 2nd or 3rd year students of an accredited technical school, business school, junior college or university.
Parents (or parent) of the recipient must be a member of Coleman County Telephone Cooperative, Inc. Completed applications should be taken by the office located at 215 N. 2nd Street in Santa Anna, or
Coleman County Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
P. O. Box 608
Santa Anna, Texas 76878
- Tom Kingsbery Memorial Scholarship criteria:
1. The student must be the son or daughter of an active member of Coleman County Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (active, meaning that the member has current telephone service with the cooperative).
- The student must have a 2.5 grade point average or better.
- The student must be accepted at an accredited technical school, business school, junior college or university.
- The student must demonstrate a need for the funds in order to be eligible.
- The student must submit:
a. A cover sheet containing the following information:
Contact Telephone Number
Name/s of parents or guardians
High School attended and date of graduation
Name of institution to which student has been accepted for 2nd or 3rd year of higher education
b. A brief essay entitled “How This Scholarship Will Help Me To Achieve My Education/Career Goals.”
c. Two letters of recommendation
d. Copy of transcript
- This scholarship will be awarded regardless of race, creed, sex, or national origin.
- The applications must be received by Coleman County Telephone Cooperative, Inc. no later than August 1.
- The selection of the scholarship committee will be final and will be announced at the Annual Membership Meeting of Coleman County Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
- The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the learning institution.
- The scholarship is valid for one year. The ability to collect this scholarship amount will expire on August 1 of the following year.
Please Note: Children or grandchildren of directors or employees of Coleman County Telephone Cooperative, Inc. and Coleman County Telecommunications, LTD. are not eligible.
Download this information as a pdf
For more information, call our office at 325-348-3124.